wifes final paycheck

My wife was fired from her job at Great Clips hair salon two weeks ago. Her old boss is refusing to pay her, her last pay check. He is claiming she over reported her hours worked. This never occured. He is just verbally and in writting accused her of this and is still not giving her, her pay check. She is six months pregnant and does not need this undo stress. Her paycheck is around 900.00 and we need the money. Her old boss is refusing to talk with us about this matter and hangs up when I called. I have made no more contact with him, but am wondering what I should do. I have contacted state agency's with no help, because he only has five or six employees. What should we do now.

1 answer  |  asked Apr 30, 2003 12:58 PM [EST]  |  applies to Florida

Answers (1)

Bonnie Riggens
Wife's Final Paycheck

File an unpaid wage claim in small claims court. You don't need an attorney to do this. If you win, you will get the cost of the filing as well as the back wages. If you do hire an attorney and win, the judge also has the choice to make your former employer pay attorney fees. Also, I don't know which state agency you contacted but you should call the Tampa office of the U.S. Department of Labor.

posted by Bonnie Riggens  |  Apr 30, 2003 1:09 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?