I was not paid the final paycheck the day after my termination in DC. What are my options for collecting liquidated damages? Should I file a complaint with DC employment office? Can I also be compensated for legal fees? By the way, they paid once a month,

DC law referring to timing of final paycheck

1 answer  |  asked Nov 27, 2015 7:25 PM [EST]  |  applies to District of Columbia

Answers (1)

Richard Renner
First, read this fact sheet from DC's Employment Justice Center:
Then, shop around to see if you can get a lawyer to take your case. Keep a written log of your efforts to get an attorney. Visit
Also, visit EJC's free legal clinic.
If you cannot get a lawyer, ask EJC to review a small claims complaint before you file it be sure you are asking for all the relief you are entitled to.

posted by Richard Renner  |  Nov 27, 2015 9:03 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers