Welcome Guest  |  Sign In  |  Join MEL

My Employment Lawyer ("MEL") is a network of U.S. employment lawyers who represent individual employees. MEL provides employment law information for individuals and opportunities for attorneys to reach potential clients. MEL's information for individual employees includes:

If you cannot find answers to your employment law question, then Ask MEL, a free service that lets individual employees send questions to employment lawyers in their state.

Recently Asked Questions

Is my employer to pay me if I put a 90 day notice in and they want to let me go before
1 answer  |  asked Aug 2, 2014 08:00 AM [EST] in Discrimination  |  applies to Florida

Can I post the employee survey results to the internet
1 answer  |  asked Aug 20, 2014 8:30 PM [EST] in Other  |  applies to North Carolina

Should I have received a W-2 and reimbursement of FICA and Medicare taxes?
1 answer  |  asked Aug 11, 2014 1:14 PM [EST] in Independent Contractors  |  applies to Florida

Worried to be terminated I used racial harassment instead of racial discrimination.
1 answer  |  asked Aug 4, 2014 02:57 AM [EST] in Discrimination  |  applies to California

what action can we take if we hired a employee who broke a non-compete, and were informed after hire
2 answers  |  asked Aug 11, 2014 5:15 PM [EST] in Non-competition  |  applies to Florida

Questions Needing Answers

Am I protected from a former employee who knows where I live knowing that I was apart of having fire
asked Jul 28, 2014 2:35 PM [EST] in Harassment  |  applies to Louisiana

I have worked for 8 almost 9 years as a temp in HR but was told to find a job any help
asked May 27, 2014 12:19 PM [EST] in Z- Help  |  applies to South Carolina

My fiancee is being harassed by an asst. overnight manager, what can he do to protect himself?
asked Jun 14, 2014 04:43 AM [EST] in Harassment  |  applies to Arizona

Majority of my question is in the details section. Thank you.
asked Aug 1, 2014 7:39 PM [EST] in Non-competition  |  applies to Texas

Direct Family Member Non Compete Clause
asked Jun 9, 2014 10:23 AM [EST] in Non-competition  |  applies to North Carolina