Welcome to My Employment Lawyer
My Employment Lawyer ("MEL") is a network of U.S. employment lawyers who represent individual employees. MEL provides employment law information for individuals and opportunities for attorneys to reach potential clients. If you cannot find answers to your employment law question, then Ask MEL, a free service that lets individual employees send questions to employment lawyers in their state.
MEL's Latest Answers for Virginia
If an employer changes a bonus structure offered as an agreement of employment, have they breachedI intereviewed with a health company regarding a position which included relocation from Texas to Virginia. They included as part of the offer/ agreement, inclusion of an incentive bonus which was heavly touted as lecurative. After relocation and being employeed less than one month the employeer has changed/ reduced the benefit structure which will significantly reduce annual income from the origi...1 answer | asked Jun 10, 2013
- I was injured at work, but they had me submit FMLA papers. Have I forfeited my WC claim?
- How can I stop my previous emplyer from changing the reasons I was terminated ?
- Can I be docked for scheduled days off?
- Is a company obligated to pay out accured vacation time at the time of a lay off?
- What if there is no date on the non compete? Do they last forever?
- more »
Non-Compete Opposite of UsualI do extensive work for my employer with respect to Workers' Compensation and Union issues in a heavily regulated industry. I would like my employee to compensate me in exchange for a non-compete clause for a period of one year, i.e.: no working for the Unions, regulatory bodies, etc. Is this possible?1 answer | asked Jul 30, 2007