Welcome to My Employment Lawyer
My Employment Lawyer ("MEL") is a network of U.S. employment lawyers who represent individual employees. MEL provides employment law information for individuals and opportunities for attorneys to reach potential clients. If you cannot find answers to your employment law question, then Ask MEL, a free service that lets individual employees send questions to employment lawyers in their state.
MEL's Latest Answers for Virginia
Do i have to pay under Liquidity Damage penalty?I moved to USA from Canada on H1B visa. My H1B holding company is in Virginia and i am in NJ. My employment agreement says these claus as a part of agreement. EQUITABLE AND OTHER REMEDIES. Employee agrees that Employer will suffer irreparable harm in the event that Employee breaches any of Employee's obligations under this Agreement, and that it is impossible to measure in money the damages which ...1 answer | asked Sep 28, 2015
- I work for a home health agency. My employer states that I am not eintilted to over time p...
- I was offered employment after An OPM background check was successfully completed. On Janu...
- If an employer changes a bonus structure offered as an agreement of employment, have they ...
- I was injured at work, but they had me submit FMLA papers. Have I forfeited my WC claim?
- How can I stop my previous emplyer from changing the reasons I was terminated ?
- more »
Non-Compete Opposite of UsualI do extensive work for my employer with respect to Workers' Compensation and Union issues in a heavily regulated industry. I would like my employee to compensate me in exchange for a non-compete clause for a period of one year, i.e.: no working for the Unions, regulatory bodies, etc. Is this possible?1 answer | asked Jul 30, 2007