what should i do ? i asked my company to pay instead of get pay i got fired

i have been working with a security company for more than one year in houston Tx , they always paying us late and i need my money to live my life , so i ask them to pay my checks, they fired me because i asked for my checks ..... so please anyone could give any advice becouse i realy need my money

2 answers  |  asked Jul 26, 2016 5:23 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (2)

Adam Kielich
There is still time to file a claim with the TWC for unpaid wages. You could also talk to an employment attorney in your area about possible retaliation claims in addition to the unpaid wages if you haven't already received the wages.


posted by Adam Kielich  |  Oct 26, 2016 08:59 AM [EST]
Daniel Covich
Sorry this happened to you.

Questions for you:

1.) Do you have a written employment contract? If yes, an attorney needs to read it.

2.) Any witnesses or emails, etc that prove the firing was for asking to be paid on time.?

3.) How big is the company?

4. ) where you ever not paid overtime or did they deduct for time that you actually worked?

Also, you could possibly file for your owed check and/or unemployment with the Texas Workforce Commission. You can file over the phone or on-line.

posted by Daniel Covich  |  Jul 27, 2016 07:09 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers