Want to file a claim against former employeer.

I quitted work after 8 days of work because of my former employeer doesn't want to pay over time fee. My work hour supposed to be mon ~ fri and 9 am to 6 pm(8 hours a day). However, he always wanted me to stay over 8 hours and even told me to work on saturday!

I supposed to get a paycheck by 5th of september, however, when I called in, secretary told me that pay is not out and I have to wait another week. I waited and called again at 20th of sept. since it's another payday, and I still hear my check is not out.

And I talked my former co-worker today(9/23/02), and she told me that my former employeer doesn't wants to pay me. I would like to file a claim charge again to him, but how?

1 answer  |  asked Sep 23, 2002 9:00 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Todd Schneider

It is illegal in california to fail to pay overtime and to fail to pay employees on payday. Who is the employer? How many employees do they have? You may contact me at info@schneiderwallace.com for further information.

posted by Todd Schneider  |  Sep 24, 2002 10:41 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers