Unaurhoized payroll deduction

My former employer deducted $740.00 from my paycheck. He has it listed as material. I did not authorize this deduction. I have waited to persue as I had cobra health coverage with him and did not want to have problems. How do I proceed?

1 answer  |  asked Dec 4, 2007 10:11 AM [EST]  |  applies to Florida

Answers (1)

David Goldman
Payroll Deduction

I would ask the employeer to explain the deduction. If it seems wrong, then you may speak to an attorney about writing a demand letter. It would be hard to pursue $740, but one option is small claims court.

posted by David Goldman  |  Dec 4, 2007 10:47 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers