Bounced Payroll and Late Payroll

I work in a small recruitment firm of 3 people. 2 Partners and I am the Sr Associate. Payroll has been repeatedly late and the June 15th Paycheck bounced (a previous payroll check bounced in 2009)causing me to be overdrawn, I have yet to be compensated. I also know that the company will accept stock/equity from clients instead of cash, thus delaying payroll.

What are recommended next steps? Due to my situation I can't afford a consultation.

1 answer  |  asked Jun 29, 2010 1:28 PM [EST]  |  applies to New York

Answers (1)

Patricia Pastor
You can call the New York State Department of Labor (or the US DOL) and report unpaid wages. They will conduct an investigation and, if they conclude you are owed wages, they will order your employer to pay you.

posted by Patricia Pastor  |  Jun 29, 2010 3:01 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers