Options if the deadline for recovering back wages through the Texas Workforce Commission has passed?

I live in Texas and worked for a company that contracts all of its employees through a company based in California. Although I worked for the Texas company, from a legal standpoint all employees were employed by the California based firm. The company eliminated my position in January of 2015. At the time I had accrued nearly $10K in PTO.

Shortly after my termination I was informed by the Texas Workforce Commission that under Texas law I could not collect pay for unused PTO. Today, 11 months later, I learned that I was misinformed by the TWFC rep. and that PTO is a collectible back wage in Texas. However, the limit to file for a claim was within 180 day of termination.

Can I still file a private civil claim? Can I file a claim in California? Or, is there any other remedies or recourse available? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

0 answers  |  asked Dec 16, 2015 10:59 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers