wage payment and reimbursement of bs expenses

Need guidance concerning wage payment, including final pay & reimbursement of out of pocket expenses. I reside in Texas and have a signed employment agmt w/ a Florida company. The contract is governed by the laws of the state of Florida. Employer refuses to pay final pay and reimburse my expenses which total to date approx $6,000.

1 answer  |  asked Aug 14, 2003 8:42 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Margaret A. Harris
Texas Workforce Commission

File a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission for the pay you are owed, assuming of course that you were working in Texas. You may have to file a suit in small claims court to get reimbursement of expenses, however. You can go to a county court of law for that and the clerk should be able to help you file the claim.

posted by Margaret A. Harris  |  Aug 15, 2003 11:38 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?