breach of employment agreement - unpaid wages

My wife left her previous employer and was not paid wages she was owned on commission. We are contending she was terminated because items specified in her employment agreement where taken away prior to her giving her resignation. Her employment agreement also specifies that her commissions may be split if she leaves before the job is complete but does not say she will get nothing. We have explored a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission but the owner has her attorney handling the matter which puts me at a huge disadvantage. The wages in question is somewhere between $2,000 and $3,000 (we can not determine the exact amount). At the very least, could use some advice and am more than willing to pay for a consultation. I may need help subpoenaing her documents for the jobs in question if we go the workforce commission route. Is this worth pursuing? Thanks in advance!

1 answer  |  asked Sep 17, 2004 2:57 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Margaret A. Harris
San Antonio lawyer

go to and use that web site to find a lawyer in San Antonio. You are on the right track. Good luck!

posted by Margaret A. Harris  |  Sep 17, 2004 4:18 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers