homeowners insurance denied claim

I had a 4 wheeler stolen out of my closed garage.Got a police report,and took it to my homeowners insurance,and they denied to pay for it because it was cosiderd a vehicle but you can notlicnes a 4 wheeler and drive it on the road.I have not even made the first payment yet.In my coverage there is 16,000 in personal property,would that not cover it? and if not would legal actions help me out.If i decide not to pay for it would a lawyer help me from being sued from the finance company or keep them from garnishing my wage

Thank You.

1 answer  |  asked Sep 5, 2003 04:13 AM [EST]  |  applies to Tennessee

Answers (1)

Alan Crone
Four Wheeler

First you should have a lawyer look at your homeowner's policy to see if there is a basis for a claim against it. Just because the adjuster denies the claim, doesn't necessarily mean you are completely out of luck.

Your obligation to the finance company is not going to be effected by the theft. You need to figure out a way to get your homeowner's policy to pay for it. Go see a lawyer.

If you have more questions or need more information, do not hesitate to contact me at acrone@cronemason.com or 1.800.403.7868. Good luck.

posted by Alan Crone  |  Sep 5, 2003 09:01 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers