Wrongful termination, racial discrimination

I was asked to resign from my Manager's job at Kaiser but I refused and was terminated.

I was terminated for upgrading the staff to a higher paid grade. We are union. I also tried to discipline some female employees, but they alledged harrassment. My performance has been exceptional, per my review and customer feedback. What can I do?

I feel that I was wronfully terminated and discriminated because of my race. I know others have not received the same treatment that I did.

1 answer  |  asked Oct 30, 2001 11:58 AM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

George Allen

Discrimination is almost always difficult to prove, and is proven be a detailed examination of all the circumstances. It is not possible to provide a specific response to your questions. You may file a complaint with the State Dept. of Fair Employment & Housing, or the EEOC. If you want to pursue the matter, I suggest you contact DFEH promptly.

posted by George Allen  |  Oct 30, 2001 1:34 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers