TWC files lien for employees back wages

My employer owes me back wages of approx. 6k. I filed with TWC who found in my favor and TWC has filed a lien on the company for my wages. TWC says there is nothing else that can be done other than putting the lien in my name. Is there really nothing else that can be done?
I look forward to receiving a response.

PS Willing to pay for a consultation that is within reason.

2 answers  |  asked Mar 22, 2002 12:08 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (2)

Kenneth Byford
Your Question

The employer owes you the wages. It is a matter of suing to recover them should they be solvent. If you would like to discuss this, you can contact me at 214-674-1823

Ken Byford

posted by Kenneth Byford  |  Mar 25, 2002 08:37 AM [EST]
Trey Henderson

you should get an attorney at this point and send a demand letter. If that does not work, then you should file suit to collect the wages.

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Mar 22, 2002 12:28 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers