Not receiving pay for work performed


I was working as an at-home call center rep from 1-8-2008 through 2-1-2008. I quit the job on 2-3-2008 for reasons I can explain later...they were justifiable.
Two pay periods went by and I never received a paycheck. The second pay period ended 1-31-2008 at which time the check was "in the mail". However, I never received a paycheck. I have tried to receive my pay for work performed, but so far only received a hand written check for 1 week pay. The company will not answer my calls or emails. I am unemployed and cannot afford to pay an attorney. How can I go about receiving the rest of my pay?

Thank you so much for your time

Warm regards,

1 answer  |  asked Mar 19, 2008 09:58 AM [EST]  |  applies to Pennsylvania

Answers (1)

Christopher Ezold
If you have not been paid wages due, you can bring a claim in District Court (small claims court).

Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, if you have not been paid wages due, you can bring a claim in District Court (small claims court). You can bring claims of up to $8000 before the District Court. The cost is generally minimal, $75 or more, and you do not have to be represented by an attorney. Contact the District Court in your area for information on how to file and serve the employer.

When you bring your claim, make sure to add a demand for the 25% penalty for unpaid wages under the Wage Payment and Collection Law.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
Nancy O'Mara Ezold, P.C.
One Belmont Avenue,
Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585

posted by Christopher Ezold  |  Mar 19, 2008 1:08 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers