Hello, over payment of wages question

Was over paid in April my boss says and today he kept my entire chk for two weeks and said he's takin 500 out of next 3 pay periods without my consent, can he do this in Ohio..

1 answer  |  asked May 19, 2017 12:28 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Neil Klingshirn
I believe you are entitled to at least the minimum wage ($8.15/hour) free of deductions. That is, your employer can probably withhold an amount that will drop your earnings to the minimum wage, but not below that.

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  May 19, 2017 12:32 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500