Defamation and Lack of overtime pay

My husband has been working for Mineke for 2 months now, and his boss has used foul language everyday around him, the other workers, and customers. He also accused my husband for being a thief in front of a customer at work. Finally my husband will work overtime, but not get paid for overtime. Is there anything we can do about this?

1 answer  |  asked Apr 17, 2013 12:32 PM [EST]  |  applies to North Carolina

Answers (1)

Reagan Weaver
I would recommend that he call the US Dept of Labor regarding the failure to pay overtime. There is a form that can be filed to make a formal complaint. The federal and state laws prohibit retaliation for making such a complaint, but that does not mean that the boss will not retaliate. He should be careful not to give the boss any reason to fire him otherwise.

posted by Reagan Weaver  |  Apr 18, 2013 06:39 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers