I was working for a company, and I quit,and I know a manager that works for the company at a different location that I was at. Then when the manager found out that i was no longer working for the company he asked me if I was willing to work and he would rehire me for one of the sites he was managing. So I was working and clocking in at too different locations and when it can time to get paid he told me that he had to put me back in the system because since i quit just 2 week prior. Well i never got paid.i contacted thier HR and they have no idea what happened. I contacted the manager and told me that he would have to pay me out his own pocket and it has been about a month and no payment and i want to know if their is any way i can sue and who do i sue

1 answer  |  asked Nov 17, 2007 2:45 PM [EST]  |  applies to Pennsylvania

Answers (1)

Christopher Ezold
You should bring small wage claims in District Court.

Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, you should bring small wage claims (under $8,000 , unless you are in Philadelphia, in which case the limit is $10,000) in District Court - 'small claims court' to most people. The District Court process is inexpensive and quick, and you don't need a lawyer (although you may want one).

You should bring claims for breach of contract and a violation of the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law. If you are owed wages, you should be able to collect your wages, plus a penalty of 25% and your attorneys' fees, if any.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
Nancy O'Mara Ezold, P.C.
One Belmont Avenue,
Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585

posted by Christopher Ezold  |  Nov 19, 2007 08:24 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers