on the job auto accident

Involved in a roll-over on the job do to a blow out, CHP, sites a faulty right rear tire on my work truck as the cause of the accident. I just wanted to know my rights & what type of lawyer do I contact if I choose to sue???

2 answers  |  asked Aug 16, 2004 2:14 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (2)

Janet M. Koehn
product liability?

save the tire. if your injuries were caused by a tire that had manufacturing defects, you might have a third party claim against the manufacturer. if the problem was faulty maintenance (except by your employer), you would have a claim against the shop that serviced the tire. finally, if you were driving your own truck on company time, you have a claim against your own insurance company. but the workers comp carrier would have a right to reimbursement for whatever it spends on any of these potential third party claims. you need to see an attorney experienced in personal injury claims. look for one that is a member of the american trial lawyers assn and/or the consumer attorneys association of california (caoc).
good luck
janet m. koehn

posted by Janet M. Koehn  |  Aug 16, 2004 7:46 PM [EST]
Geoff Morris
Workers Comp- Personal injury claim

You definitely have a workers' compensation claim and you possibly have a personal injury claim against the tire manufacture or your employer if their maintenance of the tire was willful in some way. You need to speak to an attorney that handles both workers compensation and personal injury claims. My office is located in Riverside and can accomdate your claims. I can be reached at 951-680-1182.
Geoff Morris

posted by Geoff Morris  |  Aug 16, 2004 4:57 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?