my paycheck has been stamped with NSF and i dont know what to do

I was given my paycheck a week ago . Took it to the bank and the branch manager stamped it with NSF . I went to my employer and ask for payment and I have not been given any answers and it has been a week

2 answers  |  asked Oct 2, 2015 1:21 PM [EST]  |  applies to Florida

Answers (2)

Arthur Schofield
Reach back out to the employer this week and you don't have payment contact a lawyer of your choosing. There are claims for unpaid wages that carry the ability to recover attorney's fees and costs. Once employers learn this they generally pay up quickly, but, of course, your issue may be one of whether this employer has the funds to pay. Best of luck and don't let much time pass before you seek legal assistance.

posted by Arthur Schofield  |  Oct 5, 2015 05:54 AM [EST]
Scott Behren
There is a Florida bad check statute. I would send or have a lawyer send the bad check letter demanding payment of the monies. under the statute if they don't make good on check there are major penalties and also can be required to pay attorneys fees. Feel free to call or e-mail me if you wish to discuss further.

posted by Scott Behren  |  Oct 3, 2015 07:35 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?