Washington Questions and Answers

My company was bought by another company; can the new company refuse to cash out PTO if I quit?
My company was bought by a company from Florida and I’m in WA. Per our handbook before the buy out, we would be cashed out at 100% for our earned and unused PTO if we resigned as long as we gave 2 w...
1 answer  |  asked Sep 26, 2019 5:57 PM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Do I go through EEOC before contacting an employment lawyer for wrongful termination?
I was terminated the following day by the maintenance employee and not my supervisor after I made a complaint with my facility's Human Resource dept. regarding the (2 month) new executive directors ac...
1 answer  |  asked Aug 2, 2018 11:58 AM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

I was recently laid off and told it was because the position was eliminated. There were 4 people that held the same title and position that I did. 2 men and 2 women. the company eliminated the positions of the 2 women. One of the men was provided privileg
I was recently laid off and told it was because the position was eliminated. There were 4 people that held the same title (RVP Operations) and position that I did. 2 men and 2 women. The company elimi...
1 answer  |  asked Apr 5, 2018 5:48 PM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Thank you!
1 answer  |  asked Feb 4, 2018 12:17 PM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Forced to clock out
In the state of Washington, many dental offices will ask you to clock out midday if there are no patients. This includes full time employees. Offices will charge a patient for not coming, presumably t...
1 answer  |  asked Jan 30, 2018 09:02 AM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

I'd like to know what my rights are
I've been on L&I since 6/30/17 for breaking my knee at work. The doctor released me to modified duty on 11/13/17.  In October, I was informed by my supervisor that she was expecting me back to work e...
1 answer  |  asked Nov 29, 2017 7:03 PM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

I work in Washington state. My employer wants me to sign a paper stating that i will not file for unemployment. Can they do this?
Can a employer ask me to sign a paper saying i won't file for unemployment?
1 answer  |  asked Aug 31, 2017 11:38 AM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Wrongful discharge Lawyer
Could I have lists of Lawyers in Wenatchee,WA
1 answer  |  asked Aug 13, 2016 4:26 PM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Can I take legal action if I'm getting bullyed and my HR/Supervisors don't do anything??
I would like to sue my company. I used to love going to work always excited and always early! Now I am getting bullyed and don't want to get out of bed my anxiety depression and panic attacks are hitt...
2 answers  |  asked Oct 21, 2015 02:53 AM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Can a non compete be enforced if your former employer is in a lawsuit for its own breach?
You work for company X which has locations all over the country. You sign a non compete. Some top level members feel things need to change and break off and form company Y (taking all things learned w...
1 answer  |  asked Jun 6, 2015 1:01 PM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers