after final order can exemployer stop the collection by suing and filing a injuction?

husband filed for unpaid wages won judgement won all appeals, all time has passed. now that payment has been requested employer filed law suit and i think he plans on filing a injuntion saying that he doesnt want to pay because the suit would offset the judgement. i think that is crap he had plenty of appeals and the order is final is that right?

1 answer  |  asked Sep 17, 2004 11:56 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson

Either party may appeal the TWC final decision to county court and it is a trial de novo. This means that the judge will not look at what happened at the TWC level.

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Sep 18, 2004 07:32 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers