Procedure or Precedence for Re-opening a Dismissed Case?

I filed a Cause of Action in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas , Pro Se, against my former employer, NASD, in 2006, based on Discrimination, Hostile Work Environment, and Retaliation. I later missed a dead-line and an Order for Dismissal was granted the Defendant. At this point, is there a procedure or precedence available to me to Motion to have the matter re-opened so that the case can be tried before the Court?

1 answer  |  asked Nov 8, 2007 11:19 AM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Neil Klingshirn
Rule 60 allows Relief From Judgment or Order

Federal Rule of Procedure 60 allows a court to correct its own order as a result of mistake, inadvertence or excusable neglect. You also have the option of appealing the order to the Circuit Court. However, if the order is final and the time for appeals has run, then the case may be over and cannot be revived for trial.

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  Nov 9, 2007 08:46 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500