Unpaid wages

I got a contract job offer and I started working there through an consulting agency. The consulting agency signed a contract with the client for me. I had a verbal contract with the consulting agency that they will give me x% of the billing rate. I didn't have a written contract with them. After nearly two months of work, they never paid me. The contract was over after two months and the consulting agency never paid me. I took up a new job and asked them to clear my dues. They said they will not pay me. They signed a contract with the client and collected money for my work. I have all proof of my work for the two months. Can you tell me what should I do and what are my rights?

1 answer  |  asked Apr 19, 2005 02:06 AM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Richard J. Vaznaugh
Unpaid Wages

If you can prove the work adn taht you were an employee and not an independent contractor, you should be able to maintain a wage claim with penalties. You can file this yourself with the California Labor Commissioner or, if the amounts warrant attorney involvement call Matt Kaufman, a good employment rights attorney in your area. 818-990-1999
Tell him I directed you to him by this email.

posted by Richard J. Vaznaugh  |  Apr 20, 2005 12:53 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers