Unpaid past wages, H1-B employee, employer refuses to pay

My employer has not paid me salary since Jan. He executed on payroll in March. When I started demanding my salary and told him that I can not continue without pay anymore, he laid me off. Now he is claiming that there were some issues in my performance and that is why he will not pay me.
I think my employer was taking advantage of the fact that I am an non-immigrant worker working on H1-B visa. He is thinking that if I don't get paid I have to go back to my country and then I won't be able to fight the wage claim.
Please let me know how can I get my unpaid wages paid even if I had to go back to my country. What my options are against my employer.

1 answer  |  asked Jun 14, 2005 07:28 AM [EST]  |  applies to Wisconsin

Answers (1)

Sally Stix
unpaid wages

Below is a link to the WI Dept. of Workforce Development's wage claim page. It should assist you in filing for the wages due to you and contains a link to a wage claim complaint.

Good luck.


posted by Sally Stix  |  Jun 14, 2005 1:05 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?