My employer wrote me a paycheck and it bounced?

This is part time job for me at a golf course. They wrote me the check on 12/17 and it bounced...they keep blowing me off to write me a new check...what are my rights?

1 answer  |  asked Feb 16, 2010 09:43 AM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Jill J. Weinberg
Under Texas Payday law you can file a wage claim with the TWC (same agency that handles unemployment claims) within 180 days of the pay being owed. You do not need a lawyer and no filing fees are involved. However, since it may take a few weeks or months to resolve, you may want to send a letter or e-mail to your Employer stating: On various occasions I have tried to have you reissue the bounced pay check dated 12-17-09. You have ignored my requests. I would like to resolve this ASAP. Please send me a check within the next 5 calendar days for my wages owed for December 2009. If I do not receive it in time, I have been advised to file a wage claim with TWC and the company may also be subject to an administrative fine up to $1000 IN ADDITION to the money I am owed.
I also would appreciate a response to this request.

posted by Jill J. Weinberg  |  Feb 16, 2010 10:18 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers