I am full time hourly plus commission employee.i am going to be offered part time hourly or straight commission which I cannot survive on. Can I file for unemployment in either case

I am a full time hourly plus commission employee. I am being cut to part time or straight commission. I cannot survive on that 2 children. Can I file for uemployment.

1 answer  |  asked Dec 28, 2015 8:13 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

David Neel
If your employer reduces your work hours to less than your full-time work week and you earn less than $424/week, you may be partially unemployed and eligible for benefits.

posted by David Neel  |  Dec 29, 2015 07:24 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers