I am a Florida resident however my company pays me from California and I am considered a CA employee ..I was wrongfully terminated and would like to speak to a lawyer here in Florida but I keep being told I must use a CA lawyer . Is there anyone here who

Retaliation, violation if HIPPA

1 answer  |  asked Sep 1, 2016 09:07 AM [EST]  |  applies to Florida

Answers (1)

Phyllis Towzey
You can certainly discuss this situation with a Florida employment law attorney. Depending upon the circumstances and whether you signed a written employment agreement that states lawsuits must be filed in California, you may or may not be about to sue the company here in Florida. However, a Florida lawyer can certainly send a "demand letter" to the company, and engage in negotiations on your behalf. If California law does apply, realize that it is likely more favorable to you as an employee than Florida law would be.

My advice is that you consult with a Florida attorney to assess the situation. I do not offer free consultations, but there are some employment law attorneys who do.

posted by Phyllis Towzey  |  Sep 4, 2016 12:52 PM [EST]  [ Best Answer - selected by asker ]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers