Harrasment and discrimination

My boss, thought I caused a relative of their's to be fired. We worked in the same building, but different Co. Approx. 2 weeks later a co-worker heard me on the phone saying "she's bitching at me. This same co-worker physically hit me three times. I was fired for cussing, but the women who hit me was not. This woman is approx. 55 years old,while I'm a 24 year old male. Do I have any recourse?

1 answer  |  asked Mar 24, 2005 3:48 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson
gender discrimination

If you feel that you were fired because you are male, you need to file a charge of discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (www.eeoc.gov).

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Mar 25, 2005 08:21 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers