Can I sue for a breached settlement agreement? The checked bounced.

I originally signed a settlement agreement with my former employer not to litigate claims against the company. The settlement agreement was signed by myself and the company. A check was issued on the scheduled date identified in the contractual agreement. Upon receipt of the check I deposited the check into the bank and the check came back as insufficient funds.

1 answer  |  asked Mar 13, 2019 2:26 PM [EST]  |  applies to South Carolina

Answers (1)

Neil Klingshirn
Yes. You should also sue on the check, since writing a bad check creates its own claim, and you should present the check to the bank again in case the employer puts funds in the account.

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  Mar 13, 2019 3:37 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500