Are we in big trouble?

My Husband is being sued for "non compete" breech in Ohio. His former company was a wholesale distributor. The company he now works for (as a 1099 employee) in an independent representative for several companies with similar lines of products (including the company my husband left.) My husband had no recolection of the non compete (I know that's no defense) but would have never sought to change employers except for in January of this year, employees were notified that there would be no employer match in the 401k for contributions in 2004, in March of this year, commisions were cut (no longer paid) and in June of this year, full time employees were reduced to 27-29 hours. My husband had no choice but to find new employment to support our family. We were served papers, with a restraining order/injunction, motion for expideted discovery (including a deposition one week from the date of servce) We are trying to find a lawyer in our area.

1 answer  |  asked Jul 25, 2005 11:01 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Neil Klingshirn
You are a defendant in a lawsuit, so it sounds like trouble to me.

Dear J:

If you have been served with papers, you need to get an attorney who is not only familiar with non-compete law, but who is also passionate about representing individuals (as opposed to companies). If you have not heard from Ann Lugbill yet (heavy hitter in Cincinatti), call her. You will find her phone number in the Find Lawyers directory on this site. If she is not able to jump in and help you, she will be able to tell you who is.

Best regards,

Neil Klingshirn.

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  Jul 27, 2005 9:50 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500