wrongfull/illegal termination

I used to work in San Diego at Leaptek(leaptek.com) as an Office
Manager. In April of this year, I was told that there was no more money
from Shanghai headquarters to pay me and I was let go, with no notice no
severance, no relocation pay. Now I find that Leaptek has changed its
name to Leapsys (leapsys.com) and are advertising my position. If there was no money to pay me how can they advertise my position with
a new name? I still did not received the pay promised to me and I am waiting for a hearing date from the Labor Commission. Can they be sued for wrongful/illegal termination?

1 answer  |  asked Nov 2, 2001 9:33 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Samuel J. Wells
wrongful term

The answer may depend on their motive in firing you. Why do you think they let you go?

posted by Samuel J. Wells  |  Nov 4, 2001 8:16 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers