Wrongfull termination

Becuase of poor office ergonomics my neck and upper back as well as extremities have developed acute pain. I have been seeing a physical therapist for about 2 months now.
I discussed with my management about the problem. The vice president said to do what I had to do to fix myself and my supervisor told me that "it's not like I fell down or anything." There was and are issues that concern my health plan (Kaiser) and I was honest with my employer about possible ill practices on part of kaiser; suggesting I file workers comp. (I have NOT been diagnosed by a credited physician, only a physical therapist-and I was uncomfortable filing a claim when when this was the circumstance. This would be the only way they would treat me more than one-15-20 minute session.
This past Friday, I was "let go" becuase they were "unhappy with me"

1 answer  |  asked May 19, 2002 7:01 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Geoff Morris
Wrongful termination

You can and probably should file a claim for workers' compensation benefits. Now that you have been terminated you may be without health benefits unless you can afford to make your Cobra payments. If you were to file a workers' comp claim, your employers carrier would pay for treatment of your work related injuries. Furthermore, you can file a claim for wrongful termination pursuant to California Labor Code Section 132(a). Additionally, you may have a civil claim for wrongful termination. I would need to meet with you to make that determination. My office is located in Irvine.j Call me at 949-727-2630 if you would to schedule a free consultation.
Geoff Morris

posted by Geoff Morris  |  May 20, 2002 11:54 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?