unpaid salary

Hi :

My previous employer stopped my salary for oct 2003 which is due on Nov 1st 2003 ..When i sent him 3-4 emails about salary ..he is mentioned he will pay me only when the client pays him and need to deduct all expenses he spent on me for h1b visa and green card .

I came to know my client company paid him for oct and he still never paid me .

Meanwhile can i change my employer from nov 1st since he is not paying me ?


1 answer  |  asked Nov 25, 2003 4:22 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson

An employer must pay an employee wages that are earned, ragardless if the employer gets paid. In addition, an employer may not deduct anything from the paycheck without the express written consent of the employee. You should contact the Texas Workforce Commission.

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Nov 25, 2003 7:05 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers