no pay and she pays no taxes

My ex-employer didn't pay us on time and when I quit I had a very difficult time getting my pay. She still owes me from a month and a half ago that she should have paid me a month ago. Is that against the law? Where should I go to report it? Also, She doesn't pay taxes on a couple of her employees. Where should I go to report that?

1 answer  |  asked Jul 17, 2001 4:51 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Margaret A. Harris
Employer's Failure to Pay

Go to the Texas Workforce Commission and file a claim for the wages you are owed. They will investigate and collect your wages for you. And, it does not cost you anything. You could contact the IRS as to the other issue.

posted by Margaret A. Harris  |  Jul 18, 2001 2:24 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers