can an employer stop granting reasonable accomodations and fire a disabled worker

a man had been working for emp.X for 8 yrs. he had been granted reasonable accomodations for his disability, all of a sudden he was fired for what the reasonable accomodations had at one time covered. does he have recourse?

1 answer  |  asked Sep 26, 2010 09:04 AM [EST]  |  applies to Florida

Answers (1)

Archibald Thomas
Cases under the ADA are usually very complex and cannot be analyzed based on the very limited information you provided. However, based on the information provided, you could possibly have a claim involving discrimination due to disability, failure to accommodate and retaliation for having requested the reasonable accommodation. You may want to consult a lawyer regarding these issues. Also, your time limit to pursue these claims by filing a charge of discrimination with the EEOC is 300 days. You may also file a charge of discrimination with the Florida Commission on Human Relations within 365 days of the discriminatory actions.

posted by Archibald Thomas  |  Sep 26, 2010 10:17 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?