What should do when the employer masks information to the EEOC

Here's my dilemma, I'm currently engaged in a EEOC claim with my former employer where I was terminated for negligence or misconduct concern another associate stealing from the company and I was ultimately responsible as the manager of the store. My claim is detailing that the exact thing happened to another store in the same district where the associates that were dishonest were terminated, however, the manager, like myself, was not termed, he is white. Okay as the EEOC is requesting information back from the company they send in a case where an associate acting as manager(no title) was terminated for misconduct such as the others did(they basically took money without recording through our system) I hadn't taking any money but was termed because it happened under my supervision as well as all my assistants watch which still held their positions. So they tell the EEOC this case and my representative wants to close out the case because they gave her this case. I objected to it and made mention of the other case that happened exactly like mine and she requested more info from the company. I'm trying to make heads or tails as to why the company tried to cover things up. And what can I stress to my representative to get the employer to submit the actual accounts. Thank you

1 answer  |  asked Mar 14, 2013 10:18 AM [EST]  |  applies to Alabama

Answers (1)

Henry F. (Hank) Sherrod III
The more detail you can provide the EEOC investigator the better. The investigator can use the information you provide to request information from your former employer. You should provide the information in writing so that it is more likely to be reflected in the file. This will also make it easier for the investigator to use the information you provide.


Henry F. Sherrod III, P.C.
119 South Court Street
Florence, Alabama 35630
Phone: 256-764-4141
Toll-free: 888-764-4141
Toll-free fax: 877-684-0802
Web: www.alabamacivilrightslawyer.com

posted by Henry F. (Hank) Sherrod III  |  Mar 15, 2013 1:29 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?