wrongfully terminated by united steel workers steel factory because of possible discriminationbipo

Terminated by employer of 15 years 4 months. Possibly over mental health issues, bipolar,. Misrepresentation by union usw, negligent to advise me of all availabe options. Under Family Doctor and VA Pysciatrist taking meds for anxiety, depression, bipolar feel like took advantage of my condition to coherce me into signing letter of resignation so that they would allow me to get unemployment by lying on state form and checking lack of work. Company as extensive history of doing this.

1 answer  |  asked Aug 11, 2013 10:02 AM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Bruce Elfvin
Even signing a resignation does not prevent you from filing a charge of discrimination with the EEOC raising the issues of disability discrimination, which is implied in you question. The EEOC will at least get information related to your claim and this will help any private attorney evaluate your case.

You can also file with the local office of the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.

posted by Bruce Elfvin  |  Aug 16, 2013 08:08 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?