Vacation and Sick day.


I worked for a couple of hours, 5 days a week right after my employment for a janitorial service to earn extra income. The company is from Topeka.

They lost the bid early December or November sometime and didn't bother to tell me until one day I could not clock in. No one called me to tell me that I would not have a job. I had to call them.

Anyways, I have not been reimbursed for vacation and sick days. I have emailed the supervisor several times with no response. The amount is only around $130 or so. So I really don�t want to hire a lawyer for such a small amount. However, I would like what is owed to me.
Is there anything I can do?

1 answer  |  asked Apr 1, 2009 6:03 PM [EST]  |  applies to Kansas

Answers (1)

Albert Kuhl
Unpaid benefits

You can utilize the Kansas Department of Labor's website to download a Wage Payment Act claim form, fill it out, and submit it back to the Agency. They will investigate and determine whether you are legally owed this money.

posted by Albert Kuhl  |  Apr 1, 2009 6:29 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers