Unpaid severence balance and broken agreement

I have a severence agreement for 4 weeks pay. In the agreement it is stipulated that I will be paid in 2-monthly payments of $2791.50 beginning January 1, 2009 and ending February 1, 2009. I received one full payment and 1/2 of the other payment. I have e-mailed and phoned my employer and he will not answer me. I was not offered pay for my vacation. What can I do if anything.

1 answer  |  asked Feb 19, 2009 11:05 AM [EST]  |  applies to Florida

Answers (1)

Scott Behren
severance agreements

You can continue to bug your former employer or you can retain counsel to send a demand letter to your former employer to hopefully speed up the proces or you can file a small claims lawsuit. If you do so you are entitled to attorneys fees. you may also be entitled to the unpaid vacation if your severance agreement did not release yoru employer of having to pay those amounts. Would have to see terms of the severance agreement. Feel free to call my office with any questions.

posted by Scott Behren  |  Feb 19, 2009 11:37 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers