Unpaid commissions

Ok I work for a cingular agent owned store. We are paid commissions monthly. When I first started we were paid commissions every 2 months but now it is december and we are just now recieveing our august commission, infact today it is 12-29-04 and we still havent recieved it. I tried calling board of labor but didnt get an answer, I was wondering if you could help me out with some information. This is very hard on our employees here because we depend on our commissions. Please help

1 answer  |  asked Dec 29, 2004 3:05 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Janet M. Koehn

i don't know who the "board of labor" is, but you need to contact the california dept. of labor standards enforcement (dlse). the closest office to you is in santa barbara. they may have weekly visits to san luis obispo county to take claims there; you should call. if you cannot get "an answer", go to the dlse website and see if you can make a claim online. if you were trying to reach the united states department of labor, that really is not the right agency to be pursuing commission recovery.
if this is a company-wide practice, an attorney experienced in employment law may be interesteed in your case. you can find one in your area by going to the cal employment lawyers assn's website, www.celaweb.org. there are several in your area, or i may be able to help you.
call me at 805-658-0655 (ventura) for a telephone interview.

posted by Janet M. Koehn  |  Dec 29, 2004 3:59 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers