unpaid commissions

commissions earned not paid. should i take them to small claims court? labor board? please respond!

1 answer  |  asked Mar 29, 2005 5:25 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Neil Klingshirn
Pursue a claim for $3K or less in commissions in small claims court

You can pursue a claim for unpaid commissions in small claims court if the claim is for $3,000 or less. It only costs about $75 to file and you do not need an attorney.

If your claim is for more than $3,000, you can waive the amount in excess of $3K and still go to small claims, or you can go to the regular division of the Municipal Court (that is, not the small claims division). Once you get into the regular division of the court, however, the process starts getting complicated and you may want to consider hiring an attorney to assist you.

Best regards,

Neil Klingshirn

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  Mar 30, 2005 10:24 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500