Termination to Avoid Commissions - Sr. Mgmt.

Mel -

I was recently terminated by a small company to avoid payment of commissions due in November. I am wondering if you know any good attorneys in the Northern Virginia area that might be able to help me out.

Warm regards,


1 answer  |  asked Oct 24, 2003 1:45 PM [EST]  |  applies to North Carolina

Answers (1)

Reagan Weaver

Don't know any attys in northern VA to send you to - you can always try Martindale-Hubbell i.e. www.lawyers.com - NC does have a case or two that could help you - you might want to hire counsel here - take a look at this case on bonuses - it could help -- Roberts v.Mays Mills, 184 NC 406 (1922) - understand please that I do not represent you - you should seek a formal legal opinion to determine what your best legal strategy is - good luck

posted by Reagan Weaver  |  Nov 3, 2003 1:49 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers