Non payment of commissions due me

I have a signed contract to represent a company as a broker. They continue to make late commission payments. I'm supposed to be paid 45 days after months end. EX: January 2004, I'm still waiting for the commission check. Actually Feb 2004 is also due. What can I do.

1 answer  |  asked Apr 13, 2004 6:50 PM [EST]  |  applies to Illinois

Answers (1)

Aaron Maduff
Non payment of commissions due me

I presume you have a contract. If they are in violation of the contract, an attorney can try to negotiate with the company and file a contract action if necessary. The problem is that it could create some ill will and result in termination of the contract. If you are not going to get paid then that probably isn't a big deal. On the other hand, if you are going to get paid jus ta little late then it may be to your benefit to wait it out. You may want to consult an attorney on this.

posted by Aaron Maduff  |  Apr 14, 2004 09:08 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers