I had a car accident 4 years ago. 1 year ago I started having serious back pain and I was fired

My doctor says my back pain is directly related to what I do at work. I even have medical clearance to work as long as I go to physical therapy. However, my boss says it has nothing to do with work but rather it's due to the accident I had. He ignored what my doctor said and just fired me, what can I do?.

1 answer  |  asked Mar 4, 2017 10:45 PM [EST]  |  applies to New York

Answers (1)

V Jonas Urba
Call some employment lawyers.

No enough facts. 4 years is a long time. Did you file a workers compensation claim with a lawyer? If not call a workers compensation lawyer if this is a workers compensation aggravation.

Did you ask for an accommodation? Provide medicals? Request time off for PT? Ask for FMLA leave?

Spend an hour or two with either a work comp lawyer or an employment lawyer.

There must be something else going on. You worked there 4 years even after the accident and now you were fired? There are pieces missing and a skilled lawyer needs to find out what they are before advising you.

posted by V Jonas Urba  |  Mar 6, 2017 1:25 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers