Can I sue for wrongful termination even though I had a union abritration

after being fired and going thru a union arbitration, were my union felt confident we would win but did not. Can I still sue. It happened in 2015. discrimination and retaliation was involved in the case.

1 answer  |  asked Mar 8, 2018 08:27 AM [EST]  |  applies to New York

Answers (1)

Michael D. Diederich
You should consult with a competent employment or civil rights lawyer IMMEDIATELY. If you were fired less than 3 years ago, you may still be able to bring a NYS HRL claim or a Sec 1981 claim. Some lawyers offer a free initial consultation.

posted by Michael D. Diederich  |  Mar 8, 2018 08:53 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?