How do I find a lawyer to represent me after representing myself at a Personnel Board prehearing.

I made the mistake of believing that I was capable of effectively defending myself against an Adverse Action (termination)from the state agency I worked for. My union will not represent me. The agency is offering to allow me to resign my position and clean out my personnel file but I would be obligated to withdraw my unemployment claim, agree not to seek employment with the agency, and give up any right sue them in the future. There is a criminal case that is associated with the alleged causes for the action that my public defender is confident we will win.

1 answer  |  asked Aug 16, 2012 10:32 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

George Allen
The California Employment Lawyers Assoc. is an organization for attorneys who represent employees. The membership list is available at You can search by various fields, including practice areas. Go there, and search for attorneys who represent government employees. Figure out where your SPB hearing will be held, and look for an attorney in that area.

Good luck.

posted by George Allen  |  Aug 17, 2012 10:05 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers