How can an employee/former employee get wages due to him?

I recently resigned from a General Contracting firm because they never paid my salary in a timely manner and I could not get support from my employer to manage the project effectively. Contractors we walking off the job site for non-payment as well. I resigned on March 6, 2015 and I am still owed for two pay periods plus my final expense reimbursement check. I have made attempts to make arrangements to return the job site keys, laptop and cell phone and request my requests are being refused and rejected. What legal action can I take to get my wages and final expense check? Can I pursue putting a lien on the hotel construction project? Thank you.

1 answer  |  asked Mar 18, 2015 07:16 AM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

David Neel
I doubt you can place on a lien on the project, but that is beyond my expertise. You can hire an attorney to get the money or, depending on how much is owed ($3,000 or less) you can file a claim in the small claims division of a municipal court. Read Ohio Revised Code section 4113.15.

posted by David Neel  |  Mar 18, 2015 07:38 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers