Help for Non-competition Problems
Non-competition agreements can block promising career paths. Even so, every state enforces them, but within limits. For help solving your non-compete problems, learn the limits.
Neil Klingshirn has written extensively on the limits of non-competition agreements. His articles are on this site. In 2010 Neil wrote Unlock Non-Compete Agreements, Keys to Escape, a plain English "How To" for escaping invalid non-competes. It teaches the law, trial tactics and bargaining strategies that are key for escaping invalid non-competes.
For personalized advise, Fortney & Klingshirn offers a consultation to explore your options in light of your non-compete, circumstances and state law. In Ohio, we can go to court for you, where we have stopped employers from using invalid non-competes to interfere with our client's ability to make a living.
Fortney & Klingshirn has decades of experience solving non-competition problems. Let us help solve yours.
If your employer wants you to sign a non-compete or you want to avoid one that you already signed, we recommend that you:
- Search this site for non-competition articles, frequently asked questions about non-competes and non-competition discussions. This content is free.
- Ask MEL your non-competition question. MEL will send your question to employment lawyers in your state. This service is free.
- Purchase Unlock Non-compete Agreements, Keys to Escape. Neil Klingshirn wrote this one of a kind book to explain non-compete law in plain terms, with real life examples. It teaches non-compete negotiating skills and provides specific court strategies to avoid or escape invalid non-competes.
- Schedule a consultation with Neil Klingshirn. Discuss your non-competition agreement with Neil Klingshirn, an experienced employment law specialist. We identify strategies for negotiating or escaping your non-competition agreement, based on its language, your circumstances and the law in your state.
Unlock Non-compete Agreements
Unlock Non-Compete Agreements, Keys to Escape is available online and at a cost of $39.95. Customers who purchase Unlock Non-compete Agreements receive a 10% discount off of a consultation. A preview of the Table of Contents and Introduction is available free, here.
Schedule a Consultation
Consultations typically last one and one half hours and cost $250. Consultation clients who purchase Unlock Non-Compete Agreements receive a $25.00 discount. The objective of the consultation is to identify challenges to your non-competition agreement and to craft negotiation and court strategies based on them. If the non-compete is valid and you need to comply with it, Fortney & Klingshirn will tell you that too, and explore strategies for minimizing disruptions caused by it.
To schedule a consultation, call 330.665.5445, ext. 0. Our Office Manager can get you on our consultation calendar.
What do Others Say?
There were basically 2 options. I could sit back and take it from the employer’s attorneys or take the offensive and have them answer to us. This is when I realized just how good Neil is at what he does. First he calmed my fears and then he proceeded to file my case and negotiate with the company’s attorney. After 4 or 5 weeks I was able to keep my important clients and get on with my life.
- If presented with a non-compete agreement always request time to speak to an attorney and have it explained.
- Companies can not take actions that are not supported by the laws.
- Always tell a new or prospective employer that you have a non-compete from your previous employer. They are going to find out; it is part of the process.
- Hire Neil Klingshirn if you find yourself in a dispute with an employer.
Related MEL Content
Questions & Answersmore »
Blog Articlesmore »
Contact The Author
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist