non-compete is the geographic region to large?

I signed a non-compete with a former employer that fired me for theft. I did not steal anything but I did upgrade a clients equipment at no charge making sure there was well over 60% profit in the deal. My non-compete states that I can not do business for 2 years in the U.S. and Canada or within any related industry as said company. I am now in a situation where I need to find work and I need advice. Can I get out of this contract?

1 answer  |  asked Sep 24, 2002 4:30 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson

There is not a simple answer to your question. You need to have a lawyer review the non-compete and advise you on Texas law in the area. For more info on non-competes in Texas, go to

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Sep 25, 2002 07:39 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?