mileage reimbursement

What can I do about mileage reimbursement??
Before I ended the employment relationship, I turned in my mileage report. I was supposed to get over $200. The check was mailed to me, but I only received $56.00. this is very troubling to me. I was told I would have to use my own vehicle. They should pay me what they owe me.

1 answer  |  asked Oct 6, 2007 9:15 PM [EST]  |  applies to Arizona

Answers (1)

Francis Fanning
No quick remedy for unreimbursed expenses

When an employer fails to pay an employee's final pay, there is an administrative remedy available. You can make a wage claim with the Labor Department of the Industrial Commission of Arizona. Unfortunately, expense reimbursement is not wages, so your only remedy is to file a claim in the Justice Court. Because the amount is so small, it isn'n practical to hire an attorney. The justice court in the precinct in which your employer does business should have forms for you to use to file your suit. Although it qualifies for the informal procedures of the small claims division, the employer will probably be represented by an attorney, which means the court will treat it like a regular civil suit.

posted by Francis Fanning  |  Oct 11, 2007 3:20 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers